View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari115 View Post
Hello, a little unsure on what to do. I didn't rush this fall because I made the last minute decision that I wanted to join Greek life and it was too late for me to register...I will be transferring to the University of Florida next fall and will be a junior. I know Greek life is pretty big there & competitive from what I've heard. I'm worried I'll have almost no chance of getting a bid as a junior. Some of the sororities at my current school have informal recruitment in the spring. I'm wondering if I should try that & when I transfer hope the same sorority at UF will accept me? Or should I skip informal recruitment & try to rush as a junior next year? I really want to be a part of a sorority but worried I've missed my chance.
Having read all the responses to your OP I am recommending you be very sure you will be transferring next Fall. As you mention, you do not wish to miss out on your chance for greek life if at all possible.

You will be more fully cognizant of your transfer mode (go or no-go) by the time Informal Recruitment occurs in January 2018 on your current campus. Take your chances for a greek sisterhood at whichever school you deem appropriate. Just remember to involve all the other advice given you on this site.