View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Re: the clause--

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik P Conard
In the 50s when I was on the road for TKE, most of the nationals
had "the clause." This enabled me to enter some schools with little hassle 'cause we had no such restriction. But one must bear in mind few minorities were in college then.
Funny, now that most of the outfits have removed the clause, the
so-called "ethnic" groups have sidestepped it all, kept to themselves, formed the "divine nine" and other walls. Most of the
bitching seems to come from the blacks themselves, still angry after five generations...
Why cannot Pi Kappa Alpha enter Howard without all this carping?
Howard receives our tax monies, no?
Moteesir, bull puckey.
Shut up! You don't know anything that you are talking about. The NPHC was founded in 1930, clearly before the abolishment of many clauses, and 8 of the 9 member orgs were founded by 1922.

Don't exaggerate by saying there were few minorities in college. If there were so few, then the NPHC orgs would have not have had the expansion that they did. On my campus 3 fraternity chapters were established by 1920, so obviously there were minorities there.

You've sad some pretty off the wall stuff, but this one takes the cake. Its offensive and plain wrong, and you're an idiot.