View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Derek Lowe cheats on wife with LA sports reporter

This is F'in awesome. My team sucks ass right now, and scumbags Lowe is bangin the team reporter. I swear, I knew she was bangin one of the Dodgers. Last year I had my suspicions that she was screwin Jason Werth and Steve Finley. She would always give the Dodger players an extra look, or a grrrrrand smile...or a nice winkity wink. It was AWeSOME.

Reporter's Role With Pitcher Being Investigated
# FSN officials are looking into possible conflict of interest involving Hughes.

By Larry Stewart, Times Staff Writer

Television reporter Carolyn Hughes, co-host of the Dodger pregame and postgame shows on FSN West 2, has been off the air for about two weeks as FSN executives investigate her relationship with Dodger Derek Lowe.

Trinka Lowe, the Dodger pitcher's wife of seven years, alleged an improper relationship between her husband and Hughes in phone messages left for FSN executives. Steve Simpson, general manager of FSN West, told The Times on July 25 of the investigation but said Hughes would return to her role as an anchor on the regional cable network's "Southern California Sports Report."

Hughes has not appeared on the network in any capacity since the investigation began. Simpson and FSN executives have since declined to comment. Trinka Lowe, meanwhile, in interviews on a locally based website and Tom Leykis' nationally syndicated radio show, has detailed what she says is a romantic relationship between her husband and Hughes.

Ron Fineman, on his website "On the Record," posted the first interview with Trinka Lowe on Friday, including pictures of Lowe and Hughes hugging.

Trinka Lowe told Leykis on Monday that she had hired a private investigator and had learned that her husband and Hughes had talked "four to five times a day" on their cellphones since at least April.

Trinka Lowe told Leykis she was speaking out in an effort to save her marriage, adding that her husband and Hughes had rented a house in Manhattan Beach. Lowe said her husband had asked for a divorce and she had moved back to their home in Fort Myers, Fla. The Lowes have three children.

Efforts to reach Trinka Lowe on Tuesday were unsuccessful.

Besides her role on Dodger broadcasts and "Southern California Sports Report," Hughes has been host of the nationally televised "FSN Across America."

Hughes' husband, Tommy Saboni, the manager of the Palm restaurant in West Hollywood, told The Times that he and Hughes were in the process of getting a divorce and had been separated since March.

Efforts to reach Hughes were unsuccessful, and her agent, Ken Lindler, declined to comment.

FSN spokesman Lou D'Ermilio on Tuesday said, "As soon as we were made aware by Mrs. Lowe that a potential problem existed, we removed Carolyn from covering the Dodgers. At present, we're investigating to determine if a conflict of interest did exist. Beyond that, we can't comment on personnel issues."

The Dodgers, through spokesman John Olguin, also declined to comment.

Carolyn Hughs is on the bottom left.

Last edited by BobbyTheDon; 08-03-2005 at 02:12 PM.