View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 5: Bid Day

Since my freshman year in high school, I've done everything I could do to mentally prepare myself for recruitment. The morning of Bid Day, I watched a video of Bid Day at Texas A&M during the previous school year and it made me long for my bid even more. I didn't receive a call from my Rho Gamma, which meant that I was getting an invitation to be a part of one of the amazing sisterhoods that my campus has to offer. Throughout high school, I didn't have many friends that were girls and I'd been envisioning a place where I could belong and feel at home for a long time. I understood that once I accepted a bid and went through initiation that I would become a sister for life and I longed for the bonds of friendship that my friends had spoken about for a very long time.

To reward myself for finishing the hectic week, my friends and I decided to go swimming and lay out at our Recreation center's outdoor pool. We ended up having a little too much fun and we, naturally, ended up noticing the time and sprinting to our own Bid Day. Luckily, we didn't miss too much and caught the end of the Rho Gamma reveal. My Rho Gammas turned out to be members of Southern Tide, David Yurman, and Burberry.

The wait to pass out bid cards and count down with our hands behind our backs was unreal. I couldn't believe that I had a part of the rest of my life in my hands and I couldn’t wait to be a part of such a great sisterhood.

When the countdown reached one, I ripped my envelope open to reveal that I had been given a bid by…

DAVID YURMAN!

Last edited by txd; 01-09-2012 at 05:53 PM.