View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FSUfiji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedzman View Post
You've lost all credibility. FSU Pikes is one of the highest-achieving fraternities in the nation. Check out this page for proof... http://www.fsupikes.com/chapterachievements.htm
They've won 6 consecutive Smyth awards from their National Fraternity and you say they are not "top-tier" at FSU? They've won the all sports trophy all but one year since their 2001 recolonization and you say they are not "top-tier". Are you nuts?

My chapter at Northern Illinois www.SigmaNuNIU.com is a top 5 out of 15 fraternities in just 4 semesters after our recolonization. Two of the last three student government presidents have been a Sigma Nu. We've been #1 or #2 in GPA each of the last 4 semesters. We are the 5th largest fraternity in just 4 semesters. To say that a colony "is going to suck for a pretty good period of time" is just silly to say. It's simply not true.

I'm going to chalk up your perceptions to the likelihood that you are young and have limited perspective and experience with Greek affairs. I've been Greek for over 20 years, worked for my national organization, traveled and been a chapter advisor for over a decade and was the primary alumnus spearheading our recolonization effort.

We've got new chapters all over the country that are reaching critical mass and becoming top chapters on their respective campuses.
You WOULD post a link up from the website of "one of the highest acheiving" fraternities in the nation. Dont you think if they were THAT damn good they would've updated the website more often than umm.......FOUR YEARS ago? I think that Phi Gam and myself would have a better opinion than any of the people that have posted on this thread bc we are a part of greeklife here at FSU and its not like we are hating on PIKE (I have plenty of friends that are pikes). Yes they are a "good" fraternity but if you have 23 fraternities on a campus there are going to be plenty of those. I would consider "top tier" as top 5......and they dont make the cut. The only reason they are recognized now is bc they have one of the biggest houses on campus and too big a number......thats it.
Florida State University