View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
And people thought I was exaggerating just two weeks ago when I said the spread of vocal and aggressive wokeness was going to cause significant division and problems in NPC groups.

Imagine how many members are upset from the opposite end of the spectrum, but can't speak out for fear of attack. Anyone who says, "Everyone seems really happy and in support of these changes" doesn't get it.

If this stuff continues, it's going to destroy NPC groups. If the leadership in NPC groups want to go full woke, they should be honest with their members. If they want to maintain a traditional sorority experience that doesn't include rewriting rituals and shaming white members, they have to nip this in the bud.

There is no way these two trains of thought can exist for long in the same group. We already know how this ends. Just look at the takeover of Christian denominations in this country.
I could not agree more. From what I see written in other forums, I don't see our organizations continuing to exist in a way that I would be willing to support for much longer. The "demands" from young people are just shocking to me.

It is not just Christian language coming under fire. I see simply being female organizations and speech now under attack. You want a "sxsterhood?" It is coming. Simply using gender specific pronouns is now a micro aggression.

Last edited by thetalady; 07-02-2020 at 06:51 PM.