View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Auburn University Recruitment - Fall 2010

I'm driving my daughter to Auburn today for the start of sorority recruitment at Auburn University. Move-in day is tomorrow, with the intitial "optional" Panhellenic meeting tomorrow evening.

Convocation will start at 9:00 am on Sunday followed by the first day of ice water teas. (Am I the only one to wonder why they have to start rush on a Sunday?)

I don't know if this is normal, but I think that I am more nervous about this week than my daughter. I was a member of a GLO myself, so while I am very much aware of the positives and benefits of being in a sorority, I also fully understand that there can be some real negatives as well, particularly with regard to the recruitment process.

My daughter seems to be very relaxed about this week (too relaxed in my view), but perhaps that is a good thing. Just to give you an idea...yesterday, she finally got around to buying some shoes to go along with her pref dress which she's had since the beginning of the summer!

Anyway, she is very open minded and has no preconceived notions about a particular sorority, so I'm hoping that bodes well for her.

If I get enough cooperation, I will do my best to provide updates on how things are going throughout the week.