View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Thanks for reporting that. Lately whenever the site is offline it's while I'm running scans/repairs on the database following a power disruption & resulting server hard reboot. I usually stop the httpd server while running maintenance on the database, so at those times GC is completely inaccessible usually for 15 to 25 minutes. Hopefully these issues will be all sorted out soon.

Other than the inconvenience of taking the site offline as well as having to handle this each time the server reboots, so far things have gone okay managing it this way. Although, very far from optimal.

Yesterday was six weeks since I notified the datacenter staff of the issue. After inquiring again yesterday, the datacenter support staff reported the current status in part as: "there are roughly a dozen clients sharing the cabinet and we have to get confirmation from everyone before we can perform any maintenance"

I suppose that also means they are now in possession of the replacement PDU. I'm extremely disappointed with how long the datacenter has taken to replace the failing PDU. However, this has been the only problem in the 4.5 years I've been hosting with them, so am trying to be patient and reasonable about it. I'm not sure what the norm is in this situation of needing to replace a failing, but not yet failed, PDU. Surely if the PDU completely stopped functioning it would have been replaced almost immediately.