View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was the first day of recruitment! I’m thoroughly exhausted but I met so many great people, had a lot of fun, and drank exorbitant amounts of ice water with fancy straws.

Parks and Rec – This house was everything I hoped for and more. I know a few girls in this sorority, and I had high expectations. Everyone I talked to was so sweet and smart, and I felt like I connected with them a lot. I could really see myself in this house.

The Office
– These girls were super nice, but I think I let tent talk alter my perception of them.

Arrested Development – I had an awesome conversation with the first girl I talked to, but my conversations with the other girls were very basic and weren’t that great.

Master of None – I LOVED THIS HOUSE. I had amazing talks about sisterhood with the girls I talked to, and I feel like they have very strong friendships.

How I Met Your Mother – I had a pleasant time here, but didn’t feel a particularly strong connection.

30 Rock – I was so disappointed by this house. I went in with really high expectations, but the girls I talked to didn’t ask many questions and let a lot of awkward lulls in the conversation happen. I’m hoping to go back to this house for another day and have a better experience because I really wanted to like it.

Friends – I absolutely loved the girl I talked to here. We talked like old friends and laughed a lot. However, since I only talked to one girl, I’m not sure about how I’ll fit in with the rest of the sorority.

We cluster ranked our 6 preferences and number 7, but I’ll rank them in order of how much I liked them:
1. Parks and Rec and Master of None (Tie)
3. Friends
4. Arrested Development
5. How I Met Your Mother
6. 30 Rock
7. The Office

Honestly, I really regret ranking The Office last because I definitely let myself be influenced by stereotypes and reputation. Maybe I’ll get another chance with them tomorrow, but if I don’t I’ll still have learned a valuable lesson about tent talk. I’m super excited for Day 2!!