Thread: Ghetto Funerals
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Ghetto Funerals

Funerals are a time for rememberance, celebration of life, and a time for peaceful mourning....but some folks take things TOO FAR.

Ever been to a funeral that left you shaking your head in shame?

I went to one that left me speechless.

I attended a funeral with a co-worker/friend. It was her cousin, who was shot by another woman over a man.

Ya'll, why was there a CRACKHEAD CHOIR???? Seriously, there was a group of people who acted and looked like they were on something singing 'His Eye is on the Sparrow' regardless of what the REAL CHOIR was singing. They had their arms interlocked around each other, singing, sniffling and snotting, and waving their tissues in the air like .

The church was packed like it was a club! People were spilling out into the streets. Girls, friends of the deceased woman, had on these t-shirts with the woman's picture on it and this funky looking writng. They were a hot mess!

Then they had the nerve to start showing out when the casket was being closed. Screaming and carrying on talking about, "The war ain't ova!! We gonna get her for you, girl! This s^$t ain't ovaaaaaaaaaa!!! LAWD, don't take my girl away from meeeeeeee!!!!!!"

And that's not all. Behind me, this one girl went to hug another girl, and the chick flipped out on her! She yelled, "Aw NAW, Don't you TOUCH ME!!!" I moved just in case they started scrapping up in there.

The pastor was HEATED at this display of ghettosopy. There was more fighting, cursing, yelling, etc. than a doggone party!!

The Crackhead Choir was the best behaved out of everyone there!!!! They sang through the entire thing, swaying back and forth like they were busting out a rendition of "We are the World" or something.

It was a HOT MESS!

So, share your stories...I know everyone's got one!