View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Banned

Re: Statistics on closeted topics...

Quote:
Originally posted by kappaloo
Statistics on numbers in the LGBTQ community (I'll use the term "queer" for anyone in these and related communities) are very hard to make accurate. There are obviously many reasons as to why:

The first is obviously fear. I know far too many queer men and women who have been threatened and harmed due to being "out". Some queers choose to tell no one of their sexual identity due to this.

The second is definition. What makes a person queer? It is action? desire? attraction?

There are men who sleep with men who will not id as queer. There are men who sleep with women alone and will id as queer. There are men who sleep with no one will not id as queer even though they are attracted to men. You can do the same for women. (I'm just not going to type all of it out again)

Now, given all of this is it surprising accurate statistics are hard to find?

But the fact of the matter remains: It doesn't matter how many or few people are queer. People are more than their sexual identity and as Greeks it is the PERSON not the sexual identity we should care about and recruit.
No I think it's pretty easy to define queer. You like dick? You're gay. Simple, huh?

-Rudey