View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 06:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
Heading to dinner tonight, there was a car in front withh a cute Beta Sigma Phi sign. Hadn't heard of them so, of course, I had to look them up.

Beta Sigma Phi International is a non-academic sorority with 200,000 members in chapters around the world. Founded in Abilene, Kansas in 1931 by Walter W. Ross, the organization has spread to every state of the United States, to every Canadian province, and to 30 other countries. The sorority was founded for the social, cultural, and civic enrichment of its members. Donations of approximately $1 million have been made to medical research and treatment and to such institutions as homes for children.

$62 will get you membership, including your pin!

On the website, they have a listing of their chapters. Very wierd because they have multiple chapters in the same city?? I know PTC isn't that big, but the webpage said they had 4 chapters!
I don't think I've ever heard of a sorority started by a man before. You learn something new everyday!

ETA: I wonder, even though you buy your pin/membership, if there is still a new member period and/or ritual