View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Also use this as an opportunity to communicate your expectations of one another. As life progresses and school ends as other posters previously mentioned life is going to sometimes intrude on your time that you might be able to spend together. For my job I have to travel a couple of times a year which means being away from the Mr. When he and I started dating I had made arrangements before he came into the picture to travel overseas.

Although I would miss him, I told him honestly that this is my life and travel does bring me much joy. And I'm sure he would have preferred I not be gone, he understood, accepted it, and was supportive (meaning not dwelling on the fact I would be gone for a little while). I wasn't going to be gone forever, or months at a time.

I think at least for you as it seems like you have some self awareness, think if you were in a similar situation for example work obligations, you're required to work crazy hours to meet a deadline. What would the best way your loved one could support but not be overbearing.

Also I truly believe that if things are meant to be you both will find a way to make it work.