Thread: Wedding Cakes
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
See, as much as I like the look of fondant, I really like tasty cake and I wouldn't serve something to my guests that I wouldn't eat myself. Because of that, I'm leaning towards buttercream.

I also really want a black damask-like pattern on a white cake but I'm afraid we can't make it happen - I don't want black mouths or nasty frosting. Though, I did see a thin black vine-like pattern on a white buttercream cake that looked really pretty and thus would have a lot less black icing on it... Perhaps just having a black ribbon around the bottom of the tiers would incorporate the black without turning everyone's mouths black...?? Any ideas?
I think the black ribbon would be nice- and then no black mouths to worry about.

As for fondant, I have a recipe for marshmallow fondant that I make. It looks just like regular fondant but tastes much better- plus I can flavor it with different things. My favorite is a cherry almond cake that I ice with almond-flavored whipped cream and then top with the almond-marshmallow fondant. Yummy.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God