View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFLDDD View Post
@ggforever you bring up a good point--she will not be attending UF but the others who will be writing recs for her for other houses definitely know I'm UF TriDelta, so we should maybe ask that they not make any mention of her legacy status on their rec forms. The Tri-Deltas will of course fill out the legacy section on theirs, though.
My daughter just went through recruitment and while recs aren't as big of a thing, the legacy situation was interesting as she had an older sister who just graduated the year prior. While my younger D was open to her sister's house and mine, she didn't want any assumptions made for her.

So we did exactly what you expressed above and per the advice read on this site from all the wonderfully wise women here. We asked those who wrote her recs not to put any legacy status about her sister's chapter or mine on their forms. If she was asked, she, of course, would be honest. She ended up going to her sister's house and one other for pref round and ended up in the other house (which was her first choice).

Last edited by lyrespearls; 01-29-2018 at 09:35 PM.