View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDad DZ
What if a pnm is asked about sports and she states her intention to participate in varsity sports at the university. Does she raise a red flag to the sorority due to potential time and scheduling conflicts, such that they may not wish to consider her? Same idea with respect to other students who intend to develop other serious interests. I understand that the sorority commitment is a serious one, but the sister's participation in the sport may in fact bring accolades to the sorority. Do the sororities attempt to work with the new pledge if they participate in a varsity sport?

Bottom line, can the sports questions possibly put the pnm on the spot?
I dont think it should raise a red flag necessarily. My chapter in particular when I was an active had a young lady on the varsity tennis team. Not only did she do well on the team, she was a highly contributing member to our chapter and always made the dean's list in grades. We all have chapters (though maybe not always our own) that have varsity sports members in them and contribute well as members to our chapters. If their activities/grades/etc. from their recruitment application has shown that they can be successful academically, athletically, and socially together then it shouldnt raise a red flag.