View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MSKKG
To quote Emily Post's Etiquette:

In this day and time when the sex of the baby is known more times than not prior to birth, I have heard (not from Ms. Post, however) that showers for second babies whose sex is different from the first baby are appropriate.
YES...I agree this is very appropriate for this day and age but you you do have MANY old skool folks that will never give/attend the shower for a second baby.

A baby always needs STUFF and STUFF is expensive. It doesn't matter if it's the first, second or fifth. I'm a mommy...I know these things.

Also someone mentioned re using things from past children. That's all good also but if you have your second child in a season different from your first...your clothes will be all wrong. For example I had my son last Feb. So he has a lot of winter clothes 0-3 months. If I have my second child in June he/she could not wear his/her older brother's stuff. The season's would be off. Basic stuff like onesies and blankets don't apply to this.

Good second or third baby shower gifts DIAPERS, DIAPERS and coupons for more Diapers.

Last edited by toocute; 02-13-2003 at 01:16 PM.