View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you, rileykae, for clarifying - I didn't pick up on the second local sorority membership (information gap), and FWIW I have no clue whatsoever where you are going to school. As for people blackmailing you - good grief, I cannot even begin to imagine anything like that occurring over sorority membership and certainly hope that isn't the case in your situation.

Not that I'm not confused, please listen: you've had a rough go of it with the locals. Do you think that anything is different or has changed to the extent that you might consider trying one more time for an NPC? Is that something you even want now? Perhaps these experiences have soured you to the point that you are finished with GLOs?

We've said this before to others: Greek life at the collegiate level is not for everyone. You might have done very well at another school because there is so much variability from campus to campus (I would NOT have joined a sorority had I been at Cal Berkeley, for example!). However, at your current school it's not playing out for you, and I'm sincerely sorry that it's been so negative. I hope that you will find a niche in your remaining time at college. These are honest sentiments. Most of your life is ahead of you and there are many, many fine organizations that need and deserve membership support.

I wish you the best.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity