View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Eventually, the pendulum is going to swing the other way. Especially the way the extremists are swinging for the fences with some of this drivel. I'm a registered Republican just so I can have a say in my local races.

Those of y'all who know me for my postings here probably don't think I'm exactly a bleeding heart liberal, but here, if you're not somewhat to the right of Attila the Hun, think that UN Agenda 21 is trying to take away your state's sovereignty and that the President is a Kenyan Muslim destroying this country to get revenge for British colonialism, then you are an evil commie liberal.

My family has been a part of this state since the beginning. My great grandmother (mom's side) was the first school teacher in Anadarko, Oklahoma and had what we believe to be the first flushing toilet in the state. She was on good terms with the Dalton Gang. My great grandfather owned a furniture store in Cushing, Oklahoma and rose to prominence in the town having the only covered wagon to travel to the city and back until the railroad was built. They renamed Main Street to Cherry street because of his orchard. When you have roots like that, you don't just pack up and leave. Also, I'm a lawyer and am inheriting a well established law practice and those don't tend to travel well.

All of that said, living in OKC isn't bad. We have culture, things to do, you can get anywhere in 30 minutes. It ain't NYC or even Dallas, but it's a really nice place to live if you're educated and have a decent income. If you're poor and do manual labor where you might have to go to our about to be reformed workers comp system, God help ya.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma