View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

We didn't have a bar on campus, but there was one that was a 5-10 minute drive from campus that was kind of known as the "Penn State Behrend bar" .. Jimmy Z's. Mmm, wings. Mercyhurst had a similar situation with The Cornerstone. And Gannon, well... they were downtown and were surrounded by bars.

There are so many bars in Erie, PA that there's no need to have any on campus. And it's CHEAP to drink there. I went to visit about a month ago, went out to a bar downtown for a few hours with some friends, received my bill and had forgotten how inexpensive it was until I saw ... $12.86 for 4 Jack and Cokes. And with all the bars they have, there are always a few specials running each night. $3 Long Island Ice Teas in fishbowls... $5 pitchers of soda/liquor (and free pizza!)... $1 everything from 10-12... the list goes on. When I was in college, I'd go out for 4 hours, be feeling pretty good, and was full from food from somewhere we stopped along the way... and usually, I'd never spend more than $20.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 06-09-2011 at 09:00 AM.