Thread: Did you hear?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by localsororities:
Even more stupid than that is that our judicial system has determined that the 13 and 14 year olds out there who commit violent crimes are "old enough to know the full weight of their actions" but at 18-20 we don't know enough to drink responsibly.... I just don't see the logic in that.

That's a good point.

Also, yes, it is confirmed that a 911 call was placed from Chuy's.

I didn't see it myself although I pass by this restaurant every morning... there is a rival restaurant that has a marquee in front that typically has a kind of "thought of the day" every morning. Usually they are poking fun of someone or playing off headlines. For example, after a UT winning streak and during Pres W. Bush's campaign the sign read, "Mack Brown for Governor" (Brown is the UT Football coach).... anyway, last week, the sign read something like, Austin's #1 Snitch, Chuy's Management. (Anyone else out there in Austin see this marquee at El Arroyo?)

Another thought about the "is it news?" question: Someone mentioned Jenna's appendectomy earlier... I guess I can actually see that being in the news MORE than this alcohol thing simply because I'm sure when the media heard that a 911 call for an ambulance was placed to the Governor's Mansion there could be an assumption that something was wrong with the Governor/President Elect - that seems like more of a public interest kind of thing.

It's just a thought.

[This message has been edited by AlphaXiGirl (edited June 04, 2001).]