Old 02-17-2004, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
Roll Call

Name: Delishia
Chapter/School: Psi Phi Chapter, Tennessee State University
Pledged: April 4, 2003
Offices I've Held: Vice President of Service *Currently holding the position*

Why I Joined APO: Ok...my APO story is kinda long, but here goes. When I was a student at Howard University, my current boyfriend *a student at TSU* would always sing praises of Alpha Phi Omega. He talked like they were the best thing since sliced bread. At the time I had never heard of them. At the same time a very close friend at Kappa Delta (FAMU) was going through rush/pledge class activities. I began to wonder what the heck was APO and why didn't we have it at Howard. Around this same time a certain brother of the fraternity, Rashid, had started to put out info about APO at Howard. I believed and felt strongly about the principles of the fraternity so I joined other students, under Rashid's direction, to form our IG. I was elected the first President of the Howard University Interest Group. * A lil known fact for some people on this forum * Then I transferred to TSU the following Fall. I saw how magnificent the National Service Week was at TSU. The student center was decked out in blue and gold and they had events all week. I went to the information/rush and the rest is history.

Anything Else: I love Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity Inc. *especially Psi Phi chapter...I got love for Zeta Phi too *; however, there are issues that need to be dealt with on a national level and views that the fraternity need to address and agree on.

Last edited by Attractive#7; 02-17-2004 at 12:28 AM.