View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Tara, are you going to do us a favor and start a thread? I hope so. Don't be too nervous.

I think the following is true for a majority of sororities on all campuses. I'll tell you as honestly as I can.

These girls are just as anxious as you are. They also have very concrete ideas of what they are looking for in the PNM's.........
They want a group of girls that they can hang with, share themselves with and call "sister" from their hearts.

The LSU DGs are big sisters their Soph year. (Maybe it's that way everywhere for everyone) They don't hold offices because being a Big IS their job. That's why, when the PNMs walk through the door, all these first timers will be looking at the girls with the knowledge that anyone could end up their little sis. Their pledge class is strong and close and THAT's what they want to find. They want REAL girls (warts and all) who THEY can be themselves with.

The classes ahead of them must have wanted the same things because like does attract like. They were talking about their own Bigs with as much love as their closest friends. There were 75 pledges last year and that's a BIG voice. Good thing, because according to our weekend chat, they are in harmony.

Be warm, be confident, be yourself!