View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessUGAmom View Post
UGADad

You mentioned that your daughter had 7 or 8 recs....someone else mentioned on here getting some even now in the process...

My daughter was offered some recs from people that had only met her once (like the mother of someone she met at orientation) but in the meeting they mentioned that recs were not at all needed so my daughter did not pursue any. I too, got a call this morning and she has a pretty full schedule today but didn't get called back to some of her favorites.

Do recs really make a difference? And can she get a rec from a current member in another school's chapter at this time since that house seems to be one of her top choices after today?
**bangs head on desk** not at you mom, at the system and at UGA panhel or whoever said that.

I can't imagine they would actually say in the meeting that recs were not at all needed - because that just isn't the truth.

Some groups allow collegiate members to write recs, some do not. That is if you're talking about collegiate members. Any alum can write one, it doesn't matter if she's from the UGA chapter or not.

HTH!