Thread: SAI Random
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleGlitter92 View Post
1) Would our chapter of SAI have to conduct formal recruitment the same way NPC sororities do? (as you ladies know, it wouldn't make sense for SAI to conduct recruitment the same way as NPC sororities)
My chapter was not an associate member of Panhellenic, but there are some other special interest sororities that are often associate members of Panhellenic. How formal recruitment is handled for your SAI chapter would be figured out by the school. I know some special interest sororities are associate members of Panhellenic and don't participate in Formal Recruitment, but do get to participate in things like Greek Week and Panhellenic Council. Other special interest sororities may participate in Formal Recruitment, but will only invite PNMs to second round that meet membership requirements. For us, that would be the one music class. (I'm pretty sure Alpha Omega Epsilon is the special interest sorority that is often an associate member of Panhellenic.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleGlitter92 View Post
2) There are many members of our chapter that have dual membership in SAI and an NPC sorority. A couple of SAIs in my pledge class and I are also considering pursuing NPC dual membership next year as sophomores. Would becoming an associate member of Panhel exclude us from this opportunity, or force my sisters currently holding dual membership to relinquish one of their memberships? (This is the bigger concern of the two)
This one I am not sure about. I know it is allowed to be an NPC member and an SAI member. Many sisters, including myself, hold double or triple memberships. The trick would be if being an associate member of Panhellenic would some how negate the National regulations because you would technically be a member of two organizations in the same Governing Council. That is a very good question and one to figure out before your chapter makes a decision. It would be difficult if sisters who already hold dual membership would be forced to choose between the two. But, again, I am just shooting out thoughts here--I have not be in this situation.

Welcome to our circle of sisterhood! I hope your days as a collegiate member are filled with sisterhood, love, and music.