Thread: Gospel Songs
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2001, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HopefulProspective
I love Karen Clark-Sheard. My CD "Finally Karen" is just about warn out. My favorite is no. 7 "Jesus Is A Love Song." I don't know if it is appropriate for a wedding, but it is my favorite...
I have the old Clark Sister's tape with all of them singing "Jesus Is A Love Song". I also have heard Karen's version by herself. They're both very beautiful.

I also have this gospel tape of Little Cedric and the Hailey Singers that my sister and I recorded off of our grandparent's record way back in the day. For those who may not know that group consist of a teenaged K-Ci and JoJo and some of their family members. It's so funny because my sister and I used to go over our grandparents and play that record all the time. And the album cover had Little Cedric (K-Ci) on the front and we used to think he was so cute. Imagine our surprise after Jodeci had been out for a while and we heard them say that they use to sing gospel as Little Cedric and the Hailey Singers. We instantly went over to my grandparent's and pulled out the cover and sure enough. It was a young K-Ci and JoJo's name was listed on the back for vocals. I still listen to the tape to this day. It's a great gospel album.

Now I need some help from you all. When I was in college, I was in a gospel choir and there was this beautiful song we used to sing that I am trying to find. I don't know if this was the name of the song but the chorus was "He's awesome" and I think the bridge went something like "Lord we love you...we really really do...just for being God...and we thank you...from the bottom of our hearts...and we'll never stop (and "stop" would be repeated over and over, softer and softer)" and then it'd return to "He's awe--awe--awe--awesome...yes...yes". Please help. I loved this song.