View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

An initiated member of a fraternal organization SHOULD NOT have to re-pledge his/her org at a new school. I would imagine this would probably fall under the hazing heading. As an initiated brother, you have the rights and privileges of any other member BECAUSE YOU ARE INITIATED!!

CALL YOUR NATIONAL OFFICE. Find out from the powers that be what the AEPi transfer policy is. That way, you know where you actually stand with the potential membership transfer. Something like

" Hello. AEPi headquarters? I am (name). I was initiated this year at ( name of your chapter and college). I am thinking of transferring to ( name of prospective college) and would like to know AEPi's policy on transferring membership from one chapter to another."

Then you will know if transferring your membership is doable. If AEPi has a blanket policy that a chapter must accept any initiated transfer you will know and you will no longer have to discuss the possibilities with people who are not AEPis, and therefore do not have the answers for you.

CALL YOUR NATIONAL OFFICE. Their phone is 317-876-1913.