View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally posted by InHocYall
I hope that nationals are not taking this stuff seriously. This is really pushing the issue far too much, and the fact that some liberal starts shooting his mouth off about fraternities being accepting and tolerant. We are exclusive societies, I cannot beleive that in my organization open toleration of homosexuals would ever be brought up. Last year Sigma Chi magazine had a picture of a shattered cross with regards to an article about gay Sigs. Our founders must have been rolling in their graves.
What is so wrong with be accepting and tolerant? Everyone can learn something from everyone else, if they are willing to do so. If there is someone in your organization that maybe you wouldn't have ever thought you would want to have as a brother, whether because its of sexual orientation or race or religion or whatever, then that's just a challenge for you to try to figure out what it is that you can learn. Deal with it, make the best of the situation, and you might be surprised.

And has it ever occured to you that just because your founders started your organization one way, that doesn't mean it was finished right then? It's up to the brothers who follow them to continue to shape the organization and keep making it better - and that might mean changing some things.