View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful story I just had to share. Yesterday the Los Angeles and Orange County Alumnae Chapters celebrated IRD.

After the program was done, we were asked to stand in a large circle around the room to sing Reverie. We were all able to assemble in place...except for one alumna member who must have been a 50-year member and was using a walker. She was trying her hardest to get up and join the group at the edge of the room but it was clear that she wasn't going to make it by the end of the song.

Imagine my pride when I saw a bunch of the brand new initiates from Delta Tau break formation and rearrange themselves towards the center of the room so this alumna could be a part of the circle without having to move.

I was standing between an alumna from USC and another alumna from Towson and we were all watching the same thing. Wouldn't you know it...all three of us started crying at the same time. It was just so touching. That's what sisterhood is to me.

I don't know if I'm even making sense right now, or if it was one of those moments where you just had to be there...but I'm getting all varklempt just recalling it. LOL

I love all my Alpha Gam sisters!