View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 05:42 AM
Unregistered-

I just wanted to share something that happened to me today...

I got a phone call today at work and before I could say "This is Sandy speaking..." my chapter sister interrupted me and said "Hey Sandy it's Katie...". I asked her "How'd you know it was me?" [since other people often answer the office phone] and her simple reply was:

"Because you're my sister..."

To many people, that sentence may seem simple, but in reality it means a lot.

I thought, as a new alum, I was going to feel out of place--out of place with the collegians because I was no longer one of them... and out of place with the alumnae because I was new and I always thought at alums were too 'serious' and that I wasn't going to fit in.

And then I have my GreekChat chapter sisters who reassured me that everything was going to be okay. I looked past my status because all in all, I'm an Alpha Gam...and whether or not I was a collegian or alumna, nothing could ever change my love and loyalty for AGD.

With recruitment coming to a close for Delta Sigma, I can see the excitement building up for my collegiate sisters and the PNMs. Me and a certain chapter advisor [who shall remain nameless--tee hee] almost *CRIED* in the kitchen during one of the events. Why? Because these girls were having soooo much fun decorating their items with OUR letters...and they aren't even members yet! To see them so excited to join our family really gets me emotional because I remember being a "baby squirrel"... and I'm so anxious to pass on our legacy.

And I think it's about time that *ALL* of our sisters around the world know about this special online chapter. I myself am not a good journalist, but I'd be more than happy to help create something to share with our sisters!

I love you all...because you're my sisters.