View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
1-you're on target
2-if you're a freshman, yes it's ok (and expected) that you talk about stuff you did in high school. Hopefully you have some college activity to add to the mix
3-You pay some dues right away and it's ongoing. If you drop, you not only don't get your money back but you could be obligated to pay more. There is a contract involved. Make sure you know what it says before you sign it. And they're not kidding. They could send you to collections and start your adult life with a big ole black mark on your financial record.
4-yes

And let me add, since it sounds like you're kind of clueless about rush or fraternity life that you cast a wide net. If you're particularly interested in 3 fraternities, look at 6 or more to give yourself the best possible chance. You may find as you learn more about what fraternities are and what they do that your interests lie somewhere you don't currently expect.
Thanks, you helped a lot, you're right about me being clueless about Greek Life haha. Is this good for an introductory email? I don't want to sound desperate emailing on Jan 2nd, because I'm looking at 4-5 houses but I want to show that I'm interested:

"What's up man, I'm a freshman at this university and I'm looking into rushing a fraternity during the winter, and yours seems like one I'd be interested in. Could you give me any info about the rush events? Thanks, ..."