View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Where to start? First I was planning a Missouri wedding from Florida, and that's difficult to say the least. I had my dress, and my mother's dress shipped by the store. Well they didn't have signature required, and UPS left the dresses out (in boxes of course) but on a rainy day. Luckily my aunt lived next door and saw the delivery and picked them up for us.

Then less than two weeks before the wedding, the limo company goes out of business. I can't find ANY way to contact them. So, I book another one. Well both showed up.... and I had to go throw a fit in the middle of the reception, and tell the first guy that I was NOT paying him, because I tried EVERYTHING to contact him. *lol*

We lit the unity candle and the flame jumped WAY up (no one thought to trim the wick.) No kidding it was a 6 inch flame. hahahaa

I must say that the wedding cake (5 tier cheesecake from My Daddy's Cheesecake) was divine and the highlight of the whole damn thing.

But the Honeymoon was truly a comedy of errors. First we arrive in Memphis about 2 am to stay the night at the Adam's Mark before flying out to Houston to go on our cruise.

When we get there, I had reserved a really nice suite, but apparantly the cleaning lady didn't come in that day, and we arrived at the room to see it completely destroyed.

So they give us a room that is AWFUL. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, and it was just-- funky. Granted I had paid over $300 for the night. But we were exhausted, so we just collapsed anyway. Well the Adam's Mark failed to give us our wake-up call, and we woke up less than 1 hour before our flight. So we RUSH to get ready, and lets just say we didn't even have time to shower. My hair was freaking bride of frankenstein. Up in this huge ponytail a total mess. My new hubby was in a fowl mood, because he's hypoglycemic and didn't have time to eat.

We are wearing those cutesy "bride and groom" shirts, and we look like we are ready to kill someone and each other. *LOL* We get to the airport, and had to run down the concourse-- only to be put on a prop plane for almost 3 freaking hours. It was AWFUL.

We then got to the ship and they take our picture. Keep in mind we are looking oh so happy, me with my bride of frankenstien hair, and us in our matchy tshirts... oh LORD I wish I had bought that picture. We looked miserable.

We collapsed in the bed in our ship and didn't even manage to get up for the boat drill. We slept right through it....

Luckily the cruise was wonderful. We went to Cozumel, Cancun, and Roatan, Honduras. GREAT diving...

Although if I had to do it all over again I'd go back to the Occidental Grand Flamenco in Xcaret. :-)

Hubby and I have been happily married for 8 years, and I wish we would have eloped! We spent a total (parents and then what we bought) of about 30k on the wedding... and I would have to have that in cash now.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.