View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
The day DD3 & DD4 decided to rush was a tiring one. DD3 wanted recs for each house at her university while DD4 decided that she didn’t plan on joining some houses so why should she get letters? I warned her that Bama Rush is brutal and that she couldn’t count on legacy status but she went on the sorority ranking website, chose a few houses she liked on Instagram, and decided that she wanted to be in a few certain houses.

She gathered up a few recommendations for those certain houses, didn’t want to go shopping until the day before leaving, and she seemed to procrastinate until it was past the mark of “too late” and Grandma and I had to sit, hunched over in despair, and tap out texts and emails to our friends to try and gather recs.

She also decided to dye her hair at the last moment and so Grandma and I had to find a way to fix it. Rush at Bama is tough and so I became very worried that she focus on how she had “southern blood” and how she only wanted to be in “old row” houses instead of going where she was needed.

Welcome to the most stressful week of my entire life!
You deserve a "Mom of the Year" award for enduring two rushes like these! Can't wait to read more....you're a wonderful storyteller so it will be great reading.

One question - were both girls rushing during the same week? Or was it sequential? Either way it had to be brutal....

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-11-2018 at 06:16 PM.