View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:36 PM

Never happened with us and I haven't ever heard of it happening anywhere else. Most of the perping I've discovered has been on the collegiate level.

Like Glen Coco said above me, it's the same for my sorority. All recruitment help comes from the local alumnae chapters, and all of those women are verified Sigmas who pay alumnae dues. Any random alumna who wants to help is welcome to do so, but we direct her to the alumnae chapter ladies because they are coordinating all the help that the collegians need.

I HAVE seen it happen where a woman who TERMINATED her membership years ago shows up to an alumnae chapter event or to a collegiate chapter to help out and it is found out that she's not a Sigma. Then she gets all upset because she somehow thinks that even though she terminated (and signed the termination paperwork stating that she is no longer a Sigma) she is still entitled to come help out or participate in events.

Ex: You terminated in 2005 and contacted the alumnae chapter concerning why you didn't get a Founders Day Groundbreaking invitation and are upset when told you're not a member anymore (as if you never signed those papers).

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 01-03-2011 at 11:39 PM.