View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

So I got to move in early for rush and could NOT wait for recruitment!! The night before rush started we had an orientation where they explained a lot about the rules and procedures. We met our Rho Gamma's and the rest of the girls in our group! They were all so sweet and I instantly clicked with a few girls who I'm still friends with months later, and we are in different groups! That night I had the worst time trying to sleep! All the ancipation was keeping me awake! Somehow or another, I eventually managed to fall asleep and practically jumped out of my bed when the alarm clock went off in the morning! I did my hair and makeup, put on the shirt that every PNM wears for the first day, and my khaki shorts on.

So we meet up with our Rho Gamma's and the rest of the girls in our group and they prepare us for the day and to expect A LOT of cheering. So we head over to our first house. And sure enough as we are standing outside the house all of a sudden it seems like 150 girls or so BURST through the door and windows shouting, clapping, stomping, etc. It was crazy at first but at the same time I loved it!

So up first was Abigail Adams!
I was really nervous at first and was picked up by a gorgeous girl. She was really sweet, asking me about where I was from, my major, etc. I was then bumped by another girl who wasn't nearly as lively as the first girl. I was also SOOO nervous at first, and I kind of struggled to answer the questions normally. It was so loud, I could barely understand what she was saying. We talked about the same stuff I talked to the first girl with. She was nice, but it just didn't seem natural. I left this house feeling like it didn't go well, but it seemed like a great house so I was hoping I'd get invited back.

Michelle Obama - I liked this house alright. I can't remember too much, other than what I wrote in my little journal. I wrote down they were sweet. I talked to a few girls who were all really nice but all really different from each other. At the time I didn't know if I thought this was a good or a bad thing.

Barbara Bush - This was the one house I didn't get a rec for. When I was brought inside all the girls were beautiful...mostly blondes. The girl I talked to said she was from California, and she said there were lots of girls from Cali in this chapter. I didn't really know how to take that statement, I just remembered I responded with something really dumb like "Ohhh". The other girl I talked to was really nice but the convo didn't seem to last long as it was time to go. I left wanting to come back and really kicking myself for not working harder to get a rec!

Martha Washington - I had heard this house was a lot of fun prior to recruitment so I was excited. I was even more excited when I saw one of my freshman camp leaders was a Martha Washington. She smiled and waved to me when she saw me. The girls I talked to were so bubbly, cute, and sweet. I LOVED this house!

Laura Bush - The girls I talked to were nice but one was really shy and it made me feel really uncomfortable. I was eventually bumped by a girl that seemed like a lot of fun and reminded me of my best friend in high school. They were kind of under my radar today, but I still liked them.

Mary Todd Lincoln - Some of the girls from my high school were in this sorority and I had heard good things about them. However, the girl that brought me in seemed really...fake. She did most of the talking and talked a lot about fashion, which I love, but at the same time it just didn't really seem appropriate. She seemed kind of materialistic. I was then bumped from a girl from my high school, but I didn't know her that well. We talked about people we knew and stuff like that. I left feeling better, but at the same time really unsure of my conversation with the first girl.

Eleanor Roosevelt - I was bumped a lot in this house. I wasn't really sure if that was good or bad. Most of the girls I talked to were nice but I didn't connect with any of them. It was my least favorite house of the day.

Lady Bird Johnson - As soon as I walked into this house, I was stunned at how beautiful EVERY girl was. It was intimidating but they also seemed so nice! The girls I talked to were all gorgeous and nice. I didn't want to leave, because it was so much fun. I really hoped to be invited back!

Nancy Reagan - I had heard some tent talk about this group, as in bad stuff. However, my first girl was really pretty and SOOO funny. It was the most entertaining convo I had the whole day and she really helped me feel at ease. The other girls that bumped weren't as great, but not bad either. I didn't think the tent talk was deserved after I had left.

Jackie Kennedy - This was a group that I had heard a lot about before rush, because of their prestige. I was nervous walking and talked to a few gorgeous girls. They really impressed me, because they seemed so put-together and classy. Each girl was really pretty, seemed really smart, and left me wanting to be a Jackie Kennedy already!

Hillary Clinton - These girls were also really nice and beautiful. I was brought in by another girl from my high school and we had a lot more fun talking than I did with the girl from Mary Todd Lincoln. I recognized a few from my freshman camp as well. The one's I talked to were all great conversationists, and I really enjoyed my time here.

At the end of the day I was mentally, socially, physically EXHAUSTED. If I was asked one more time what my major was, where I was from, or what dorm I was living in...I might have died. But I still LOVED it, and was already super nervous for the next day of invites!

Oh and for some stupid reason, I can't remember exactly my order but we could be invited back to 9 houses. I *think* this was my order:

1. Jackie Kennedy
2. Lady Bird Johnson
3. Martha Washington
4. Hillary Clinton
5. Abigail Adams
6. Barbara Bush
7. Nancy Reagan
8. Laura Bush
9. Mary Todd Lincoln
--
10. Michelle Obama
11. Eleanor Roosevelt