View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 01:33 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkyphimu
i don't know if you counted phi mu or not, but i know they are working on a chapter!! one of the sisters in my phi class is involved....she is on here somewhere....

otw, i know that there are several locals at schools there....any guesses why there aren't more npc groups represented?
Hi pinkyphimu! I remember seeing a Phi Mu interested in starting a chapter here in Hawaii. I think I passed along some Panhellenic contact info.

I don't think that BYUH, Chaminade, or HPU have any Greek life on their campuses. It's a small island, so I'd probably hear about something. At UH-M there are 3 local sororities, 3 local fraternities, and AGD. An NPC colony cannot be established without the strong support of the alumnae chapter here.

As for why there aren't more NPC groups? It's too much of a risk. Greek Life at UH-M is so small that it's almost non-existant. I don't fear that IHQ will close my chapter anytime soon because our numbers are generally smaller than our mainland chapters, but it'll be very difficult to establish another NPC here because there's very little interest. It's so hard for the administration to get students involved in anything, PERIOD.

Still, it would be nice to see another NPC make her way to my campus.