View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Re: Hillsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by LizzieLizzard03
Hey girls I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to the Zeta Sigma chapter at Hillsdale college in Michigan. I'm from Ferris State in Michigan so it's sad to see a Michigan chapter go.
I found this about with happend: Hope it helps.

[URL=http://www.hillsdale.edu/collegian/126/articles/september/sororitylost.html]

[URL=http://www.hillsdale.edu/collegian/128/128_10/news/scholarshipcup.htm]

Alpha Xi house to close

Dear Editor,

On Sunday the women of Alpha Xi Delta decided to close our chapter. The decision has nothing to do with either the men of Delta Tau Delta or the administration. Our National Council presented this choice to us.
Until May 2004 we will remain a functioning sorority. We will compete in Derby Days, Greek Week and for the Scholarship Cup. We will initiate Laura Branning, who made the decision to stay with us. In May, all members will be placed on alumnae status.
The saddest thing about this outcome is our inability to share our sisterhood and ritual with new members. We are still Alpha Xis; we are still sisters. We gained more from our Greek experience than any of us could have imagined. We are strong women who gave you all that we had to give. Our chapter of 15 accomplished what other houses did with 70 members. The National Council expressed concern that we were not enjoying, nor having, a combined collegiate and sorority experience.
We know the rumors that circulate around campus about our chapter. Over the past three years, our house grew astronomically in both character and personality. If this campus had gotten to know us, this decision would not have happened. Everyone cheers for the underdog, but no one wants to join the team. For this simple reason, next fall you will return to campus with only three sororities.
Our greatest desire is that you continue to support the Greek system. It provides members with leadership training, character development, a social outlet, interpersonal skills, and above all else, the opportunity for its members to share in sacred fraternity beliefs. We pray one day the campus realizes what it has lost.

Sincerely,

Courtney Kaye, President
and the Women of Alpha Xi Delta

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again