View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Was she the only girl they told right before pref where her parties were (or were they were not) or is that just how the timing worked? Your post makes it sound like the former, but I’m guessing it’s the latter. I agree that the timing was unfortunate, but for her to forfeit a whole year of sorority membership because she looked blotchy was a mistake on her part. I’m sure there were sorority members in those parties she was going to walk into who had ALSO been crying because a girl they thought was going to be their sister dropped their chapter. They had to shake it off and go on.
Probably a little of both. She did mention her Rho Gamma was a little disorganized (waiting until a time when she’d actually be ON campus before telling her she needed to get there later). But I’m sure others were disorganized too.

Tbh I wasn’t actually complaining about this. It’s in the past, and my daughter has pledged and is happy with her chapter. I just thought people were a little hard on the OP, so I was saying I could see how a girl, in the moment, might not feel in a party mood but might eventually get past it and want to try again, as my daughter did. That was why I posted, to tell her to think it over. That was the advice my daughter needed and it helped her. Yes she was immature as is the OP. College is for maturing as much as anything else.