View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Themes...

That's what we did at Beta Upsilon -- our entire line name was "Thirty-Something" -- mid 80's Television show. And we were all named after TV shows or specials that had meaning to each of us. For example -- I'm Happydays because they said I was always happy, excited and wore bright clothes (remember -- this was the early 90's). My other line sisters names fitted them as well -- All in the family (legacy member); Perfect Stranger (no one knew who she was before we 'pledged'); America's Most Wanted (received unanimous votes to make line); Taxi (always had to take the big sisters somewhere); Empty Nest (very, very, sweet, but very dingy), Jeopardy .....and etc.

I always think themes are cute, but sometimes...its really hard to find something that fits with everyone. There are million of TV shows...therefore, it wasn't that bad for us and we were all told the meanings of our line names. Some meanings were nice and some ---- weren't too nice. The Line before me was a Pink and Green Production - named after movies (lots of movies as well).

Anyway....I think line names are cute...the one's with meanings. When people tell me that they named themselves or their 'line', I always look baffled -- why? That's one of the fun things (for some) getting that great name! Their supposed to be funny for you all as a group -- we trip when we get together thinking about some names -- thinking about some of the stupid stuff you did to get the name as well.