View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle View Post
i know the guys in the fraternity i am going to pledge, and i am almost certain I will get a bid. Also, I am almost certain I will be gone fall because my family is moving across country and I intend to transfer to a specific school in that state (which I am almost certain I will be accepted at). What if the fraternity chapter at the new school does not allow me to affiliate? am i pretty much screwed then?
That's a lot of variables. A LOT. I mean, a meteor could fall out of the sky and hit you and then what? When I used to say things like you wrote, my dad would say "you want to know the outcome of the race before you place your bet, and Life is not like that." You can't control things. You really can't. You gotta place your bet and take your chances. And (dare I say it?) consider this: membership is for a LIFETIME, not just the college years.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity