View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

DoeofDenmark if you can answer this from my other post (you might not be able to) I would be curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
The 1.9 makes me skeptical of transferring in...whether it be from another UT school or ACC - they still have to be admitted to UT Austin, and I know several who were not admitted as transfers. Obviously there's exceptions to every rule and the exception in question may have had two semesters in UT (spring freshman and summer freshman) to tank her GPA.
The options I see for a 1.9 GPA going through as an upperclassman...

1) Can't be their first semester at UT Austin, because the 1.9 would have been from another college/university and I can't see them getting admitted with that GPA?

2) Then it has to be their 2nd or 3rd semester as a UT Austin student...admitted in spring, went through fall recruitment (or picked up as a COB during the late summer or something). Terrible GPA from being a student at UT Austin, but was fine enough at other college to get admitted.

3) Couldn't be Spring pledge because if she was that special of a snowflake, she would have gone through fine in the fall. If she had just transferred into UT Austin in January, she would in the first scenario above.

I'm less interested in the membership selection portion of this (to each their own) and just trying to figure out how this person got INTO the school.