View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post

Women that the organizations loved were released by the chapters simply because of numbers. Please remind your daughters to focus on the groups that she has left- those groups had to truly love her to invite her back! They want her!
This is SO true. I said that repeatedly to both my daughters. My oldest daughter went all the way thru to pref (back in 2014 when a round was cut due to weather) with a full schedule and houses she LOVED to get three back for the final round that she struggled with. First I told her she was lucky to have 3 when some girls only had 1 (or none) and that she needed to pick herself up and re-group.

She did and when pref came and she got her bid card again she was not a happy camper. Again, I reminded her that this was her chance to be Greek and that these girls saw her as having the potential to be their sister. I don't mean to make her sound like a whiner - she wasn't. It just wasn't the outcome she expected. Flash forward to today and she's preparing to be in the wedding of one of her best friends and sisters and has friends she couldn't have imagined missing out on at IU.

I only share all of this to share that it all truly does work out. And agree that the next rounds are definitely the toughest. And you moms going through it this year sound like you have the right perspective to help their daughters get through this brutal process. Hang in there!