View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Oh, ho! All KINDS of Debacle..-ness

Hello! Hola! Konnichi Wa! ( And all that jazz, just wanted to make sure I spoke to everyone)

Good day! I decided to drop this little gem of a thread because I wanted you good people's insight on my little debacle.

I always like to start these off with an "I aspire to join XYZ" because it always adds a little spice and mystery to the post LoL. No, really I do aspire to attend rush this upcoming Spring (BGLO if you were wondering) and I'm more nervous that Drake around a Wet Floor Sign....Why you ask?

Okay. Ahem....

I am a 26 year old, fairly fresh transferred student to LMNOP University. I have been going to school on and off since 2002 (Reason being that I have the distinct pleasure of not being eligible for financial aid, thus me paying for tutition out of pocket that tends to rise more than gas prices during Summer '08).

Me, personally. I love me. I believe that I am an enlightened and exceptional young woman. I have the GPA and a strong love for community service. Now, I know this type of social-scholastic thuggery guarentees me NOTHING, but I definitely don't look foward to me leaving rush after my heart has been punted into the hallway in light of these small situational "problems".

My question is, will my age,my conundrum of scholastic history (not scholastic achievemtents, mind you) and me being a fairly new transfer student (with a grand total of 97 credit hours I'm no credit hour spring chicken) be seen as a negative when I attend rush? Will these things overshadow what I can contribute?

I know this sounds silly....but everytime I think it's going to affect me, I get to sweating like Pedobear at a GirlScout Jamboree.

I await your replies with baited breath, and I thank you humbly for any help you can offer, even if its "SADDOWN HEFFA" or you tell me to take my buttcheeks to timeout for the duration of life.

Thanks
AfroClassy.