View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
If they want to offer you a bid, they will find you! I don't think it would be pushy to send an email explaining how much you enjoyed the meeting and hope to be able to join their chapter. I don't know if they will let you know if you do not get a bid.

Now I am going to say something that may be a bit harsh... at many, many schools, rush is not just something to walk into unprepared. There are thousands of pages of information on rushing & how to prepare, questions to ask, what to expect on this site and others. It is very much like a job interview.

Interviewers are looking for YOU to shine and show your personality, to bowl them over with some enthusiasm. Their purpose was not to convince YOU to join them. That interview was your chance to tell them why you wanted to be an XYZ and how YOU would be an asset to the chapter.

Oh okay, thanks for the information. I didn't really show myself very well honestly. I was taken a bit off guard. I didn't really know how to answer her questions or know what she wanted to hear. I mean I told her I've been fostering and rescuing animals since I was in middle school and so community service is really important to me and that I am a biology major hoping to become a vet. I said I was looking forward to joining a sorority as I really wanted to get more involved with school. I am a little shy and I definitely open up after some time but I know that's a bad thing for interviews. I was a bit intimidated by the older woman, it seemed like she was expecting some things and honestly I don't have any friends in Greek life so I didn't have a chance to talk about this to anyone. I wished I had done formal recruitment. I think I would have been a lot more comfortable talking to a girl my age.