View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
My marriage almost didn’t last a week. On our honeymoon, we traveled around and some of that involved camping. When we got to the campsite, we could not get our tent set up. Add to this, we were hot, hungry and had been driving all day, and you get yelling, crying, and other drama. We were seriously in danger of one person abandoning the other forever at the campground. Eventually we got the tent up, had some food, and everything was okay for the rest of the trip. (Later we figured out the tent was actually defective)
I thought we were headed for divorce on our honeymoon too! The night after our wedding we had a limo take us three hours to Memphis where I had booked the honeymoon suite at the Adam's Mark. We were flying out the next day for our cruise. Well, when we got to the hotel after midnight, our room was not made up. So they had to put us into a really crappy room. They forgot to move our wake-up call. So we wake up, with 30 minutes to get to the airport. I had "wedding hair" that had wound up in a giant birdsnest of awfulness. I piled that crap on top of my head, and we donned our "bride" and "groom" t-shirts. We didn't realize that my husband had hypoglycemia at the time, but he was an asshat that morning (due to low blood sugar). We had to take a tiny prop plane from Memphis to Texas and by the time we made it we were both green from motion sickness, he was shaking due to his sugar (and again being a total ass) and not speaking. I really wish I had bought the "getting on the ship" photo because we were pissy, not smiling, and looked like we were from The Walking Dead. We had also forgot to pack a couple of our suitcases and had left them with my mom. So we had to buy swimsuits and a lot of other stuff on the ship. Looking back it's funny but it was a hot freaking mess at the time. Now we've been married 17 years!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.