View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

These complexes are amazing (in comparison to traditional dorms). Heck, these sound nicer than what I'm living in now and I'm 31 yrs old with a masters degree. I lived in an apt-style dorm in college, but it was nothing like the ones described.

I'm chuckling over the comments about the sticker shock these students will face when they are no longer on their parents payroll. I was watching a show today on MTV and these kids were crying and being total brats because their parents wouldn't buy them a new car for their 16th b-day - one girl expected a Versace dress for something (maybe prom - I missed that part). I'm guessing they will pitch a fit if their parents don't put them up in a Trump Tower when they go off to school. I agree with the poster who said they are in for a shock when they can only afford a 400 sq ft apt upon graduation - and in some parts of the country, they may be sharing that with someone because its so expensive. Some of my best college memories are from doing something (or living somewhere) el cheapo - we were all in the same boat and had to figure out how to have fun on minimal or no cash. What ever happened to those days?
And looking back, it taught us a lot about money mgt, etc.