View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
OH YOU STINKER!!! That's what happens when I ASSUMED you are an Ole Miss alumna. MY BAD. I'll take the beating I earned.

Now, I am so excited to have another ZONIE here. You should see what they've done to the Arizona GPhi house this year (the Theta house ain't too shabby either and then of course Kappa with their almost block-long home and the chapter room to die for...swoon). The AZ chapters really do a great job of updating and decorating IMO. You guys (GPhi)have the best parking lot of all of us, but you already knew that, huh?

Here's the kicker - I know women who pledged when you did. Ha! AAMOF one of them has a Theta mother and a Theta daughter (both at Arizona) but she went GPhi at Arizona. Theta just celebrated its centennial at Arizona (so did Pi Phi). I wrote a rec for a pnm who went through in 1978 and pledged Theta.

Now please tell about your consultant experiences if you are ever so inclined.
I'm sure you're not the only one. I have a deep love for the school because of my family and especially going to football games and the campus for many years because it was truly a family bond.

I haven't seen the chapter house except from the outside - fairly different from my days with the window "tents", the Gamma Phi sign with the crescent moon and the dark pink tones (it was a tan paint job with dark blue trim and big GPB letters when I was there) - I understand the girls call it the "Pink Palace". Yes, the parking lot is amazing! I did see pics of the Kappa extension - wow indeed.

When I rushed, many of us who pledged Gamma Phi did a Gamma Phi/Theta pref combo. I was a rush counselor my senior year and there were three rushees that went Theta instead of Gamma Phi. I was happy for them, but sad for our loss...they were adorable. And no door songs then! We had the most fun songs that we raced onto the yard to perform, everyone did. And how fun that you know members from my era! So many great women in our chapter.

As for being a consultant, I felt like a proud mom when each girl was initiated and having our international officers there. Gives me chill bumps when I think back.

Last edited by NYCMS; 08-24-2018 at 09:29 PM.