View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Okay, here's my point of view from the long term commitment side of life.

My DH is the Sports Information Director at his (D-3) university. There was no Greek system at his university. I am an active alumna of my sorority. We dated a long time before we got married, and yet, I still didn't realize how complex his schedule would be.

After Recruitment, it will be YOUR schedule that will dominate your relationship, not hers. Sure, she'll have activities, but I guarantee that you will have many, many more.

Y'all need to sit down with a calendar - no, make that two calendars! - and put all activities in which either of you are involved and go from there. She will need you as an escape valve, when the whole world of sorority gets a little overbearing, and you will need her to maintain your sanity.

With the right combination of self-sufficiency and unselfish behavior, this is a completely workable relationship. However, remember that any good relationship relies on the willingness for both parties to work on it. Good luck!
This hits the nail right on the head, and a very good idea! If we can figure that part out, then most everything will work itself out. When it comes to making both sides work, we do a good job at it, although the communication has faded a little, but that has to do with work/recruitment weeks, so nothing we can't really do there. That's alright though!