Thread: Reinstatement
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsquirrel View Post
Hi! I accepted a bid from AXO this fall but dropped before initiation because of mental health issues. I really regret it and would like to try to join again. Is it possible to rejoin Alpha Chi either through spring informal with the spring class or during fall formal? I didn’t sign anything when I left and was under the impression that I would have the opportunity to rerush and potentially rejoin. Would I have to bring my situation to HQ? I left in good standing, and also explained my situation to the president saying it’s not that I didn’t want to be in the chapter, it was my own personal issues that made me feel it would be more responsible to take time off. Thanks!
Disclaimer: I am not a member of Alpha Chi Omega and have no knowledge of their official policies regarding your type of situation.

The women of your former chapter are the first people to turn to for any information regarding your options. Your former sisters can best give you guidance toward your hopeful tomorrow. Please listen carefully to the options they give you regarding their sorority.

Your campus greek office may have the answer as to when you are allowed to re-rush other campus chapters, dependent upon your individual circumstance which you and they will discuss.

IMO we on this chatboard will never know enough about you and your chapter to say yes/no to your chances. It's worth noting your sorority experience occurred in a very short time frame; perhaps you might consider slowing life down a bit before re-attempting sorority membership.

Best of luck to you, and let us know how things turn out when the time is appropriate.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 11-15-2020 at 10:17 AM.