View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthegreeks View Post
navane & LaneSig,

You both make very valid points! I too ask myself this question from time to time. I think what is stopping me from doing it now is my fear of the social consequences (i guess you can call them that). My school is a small community so once i drop word would definitely get around quickly. I fear being seen in a bad light/ given a bad reputation. my logic is that if i do it once i finish undergrad, the action will have no way to affect my everyday life and reputation as i continue on to be an adult.
Do you have a little sister or is there a chance of your being given one? Do you hold any offices or serve on any committees? If so it’s not really fair for you to stay in just because you’re worried about your “reputation.” Your displeasure with the sorority is undoubtedly affecting them.

If you’re always hiding that you’re a part of the sorority that you’re in, to the point that people who meet you don’t know you’re in it, how is it going to be a big deal if you self terminate?

You aren’t eligible for NPHC membership. You can either try to make the best of things with the sorority you are in and try and enjoy your senior year, or if you are that miserable, terminate yourself now. If it’s a small chapter the last thing they need is dead weight.